Protect Your Pets From Fleas and Ticks
Ask puppy owners what they recollect to be the maximum frustrating part of having a canine or cat, and fleas and ticks will probably be excessive at the listing.
From powders and sprays to dips and drugs, the array of products to be had to fight those traumatic insects can be a difficult road to navigate for even the maximum dedicated puppy proprietor. But deciding on the wrong product or making use of it incorrectly can be risky.
"Dogs and cats have exclusive wishes, mainly when it comes to flea and tick manipulate, and making use of the wrong product may be harmful to a puppy," stated Dr. Jordan Siegel, technical services veterinarian for Wellmark International. "Some humans are too busy to examine the labels or they sincerely get merchandise careworn, in particular if they have multiple dog or cat."
Wellmark International, positioned in Schaumburg, Ill., has created topical applicators designed to cast off that confusion and make applying flea and tick treatment less difficult.
Zodiac Spot On is the company’s easy-to-apply month-to-month remedy that controls flea and tick infestations. Its Pet Specifix applicators function cat-head shapes for felines and canine-bone shapes for dogs to assist puppy owners keep music of the treatment they need for each pet. In addition, the applicators are shade-coded to in shape pet weight degrees to help keep away from unintentional misapplication.
Because simply one adult flea on a pet can lay as much as 50 eggs an afternoon, that may grow to be in a home’s carpet and fixtures, it is essential to interrupt the flea lifestyles cycle. Ticks can be extra harmful than fleas because of their potential to unfold Lyme sickness, Rocky Mountain noticed fever and other infections to humans.
Here are some guidelines on applying flea and tick remedy:
* Don’t use a product on a species apart from the only for which it’s far registered.
* Select merchandise that incorporate both an adulticide and an insect increase regulator. This one-two punch will kill person fleas and ticks while stopping flea eggs from maturing into breeding, biting adults.
* Read and comply with all product label commands.
* Treat all pets within the family, now not just those with the flea trouble.
* Institute an ongoing treatment and prevention software to avoid reinfestations.